Welcome to our How-To-Kintsugi hotspot!
On this page you'll find all the tips & tricks you need to succeed.
Scroll down to see the Instruction Video.
BEFORE YOUR REPAIR
- Make sure to put on your gloves and protect your workstation.
- Make sure the broken objects are clean, dry and free of dust and grease.
DURING YOUR REPAIR
- The CHIYU Bio resin and epoxy putty harden within 5-10 min.
- Too much powder reduces the adhesive strength.
- The colder the environment you work in, the longer it takes for the resin to harden. We recommend a room temperature of 20° celsius.
- When waiting for the CHIYU Bio resin to harden, use gravity to your advantage.
- You can only polish the golden cracks with extra powder if the crack does not come into contact with food. E.G. You can add powder to the outside of your coffee mug but not the inside.
AFTER YOUR REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
- After approximately 72 hours the repaired objects are dishwasher proof & food safe.
- Repaired items can endure temperatures up to 100° celsius. This means you can use it for your favorite tea. Heat does slightly soften the CHIYU Bio resin so leave it a couple of hours to rest before using it again.
- Note that certain aggressive products (such as vinegar, lemon juice or coffee,..) can cause the polish or color to become a little dull or darker. The same goes for dishwasher detergent, you can minimize this if you wash the item gently by hand.
- Do not use your item in the oven or microwave.
STORAGE & SAFETY
- Children must always have adult supervision.
- Shelf life: 6 months in closed packaging.
- Do not use below 10° Celsius and store in a dry, cool & frost-free place.
- In case of contact with eyes, immediately rinse with plenty of water and seek medical attention; if swallowed, seek medical advice immediately.
How To Kintsugi Instruction Video ENG
How To Kintsugi Instructie Video NL