Welcome to our How-To-Kintsugi hotspot!
On this page you'll find all the tips & tricks you need to succeed.
Scroll down to see the Instruction Video.
BEFORE YOUR REPAIR
- Make sure to put on your gloves and protect your workstation.
- Make sure the broken objects are clean, dry and free of dust and grease.
DURING YOUR REPAIR
- The CHIYU Bio resin and epoxy putty harden within 5-10 min.
- Too much powder reduces the adhesive strength.
- The colder the environment you work in, the longer it takes for the resin to harden. We recommend a room temperature of 20° celsius.
- When waiting for the CHIYU Bio resin to harden, use gravity to your advantage.
AFTER YOUR REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
- After approximately 72 hours the repaired objects are dishwasher proof & food safe.
- Repaired items can endure temperatures up to 100° celsius. This means you can use it for your favorite tea. Heat does slightly soften the CHIYU Bio resin so leave it a couple of hours to rest before using it again.
- Note that certain aggressive products (such as vinegar, lemon juice or coffee,..) can cause the polish or color to become a little dull or darker. The same goes for dishwasher detergent, you can minimize this if you wash the item gently by hand.
- Do not use your item in the oven or microwave.
STORAGE & SAFETY
- Children must always have adult supervision.
- Shelf life: 6 months in closed packaging.
- Do not use below 10° Celsius and store in a dry, cool & frost-free place.
- In case of contact with eyes, immediately rinse with plenty of water and seek medical attention; if swallowed, seek medical advice immediately.
How To Kintsugi Instruction Video ENG
How To Kintsugi Instructie Video NL